The SKY UK satellite television community has never been bigger all accross Europe. SKY UK TV is the largest satellite television provider in England and also throuhout Europe.
If you see this on-screen message on your TV on all or some channels, try the following procedures to resolve the problem.
If you get this message on some channels but not on others, the reasons may be:
Note – it is often the case that identifying and fixing the underlying problem does not cause the message to go away – you may need to re-set the system by disconnecting and re-connecting from mains power.
If the viewing difficulties continue during normal weather, then please follow the procedures below.
A disaligned dish caused by extreme weather, such as electrical storms, heavy rain and snow fall or gales can affect the digital satellite signal being received by your Sky box and the quality of your picture. This should return to normal once the extreme weather conditions cleared unless there is snow on you satellite dish.
If the viewing difficulties continue during normal weather then please follow the procedures below.
Reset the LNB (Low Noise Block)
The correct settings are:
15. Press sky to return to normal viewing. It may take 60 seconds for the picture to appear. If this issue is affecting the playback of recorded material, you will need to make a new recording to check whether this procedure has resolved the issue.
Disconnect dish cables from receiver
1. First you need to check if you have Sky Anytime on TV:
Before disconnecting the dish cables, please be aware:
· This process will stop all recordings in progress.
· Make sure your hands are dry.
· Do not attempt during a thunderstorm.
· Switch off any equipment connected to your Sky box.
· Take care not to damage the centre core of the cable. If this becomes bent, it must be straightened carefully before re-insertion.
· Both dish input feeds should be removed before the first is re-connected.
· It makes no difference which feed is connected to which terminal.
· Connections only need to be finger tight.
2. Switch your Sky box to standby and disconnect both dish cables from the sockets at the back. Wait 30 seconds before reconnecting.